NFB Alaska 2021 State Convention
Won’t you join us?
“I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.”
Join the NFB of Alaska Mailing List to automatically receive all Alaska NFB news and resources. Your email address will not be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.
National President’s Message
- President Mark Riccobono delivers presidential release #509 before a live virtual audience. He provides perspective regarding Blind Equality Achievement month, expectations on employment, and what to expect for the month of October.
- President Mark Riccobono delivers presidential release #508 before a live virtual audience. He provides perspective regarding Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and announces the rebrand for our important October campaign formally known as Meet the Blind Month. We are […]
- President Riccobono delivers the presidential release before a live virtual audience. He provides details regarding the national convention, Meet the Blind Month, American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults Braille calendars, advocacy updates, and more. Helpful links: 2021 National […]
Braille Monitor Monthly magazine
- Vol. 64, No. 9 October 2021 Contents Illustration: The Beauty of Local Programming and the Magic of Sharing Your News Apologies from the Editor Transformative Leadership in Partnership with the Blind: Colorado Raises Expectations for All Blind Americans by Jena […]
- Vol. 64, No. 8, August-September 2021 > Contents > > Illustration: Career Mentoring Takes Spot for First Event at Jernigan > Institute Since the Doors Opened > > The 2021 Convention Roundup > by Gary Wunder > > Presidential Report […]
- Vol. 64, No. 7, July 2021 Contents Illustration: A Toy Story at Jernigan Institute Top Legal Terms Our Readers Might Want to Know by Valerie Yingling Rise Up! by Ronza Othman The NFB Science and Engineering Division and the NFB […]
Goalball in Anchorage
Challenge Alaska will host another three-week skills development clinic featuring goalball. It is open to all ages and levels of experience. Dates for the clinic are Wednesday evenings, November 3, 10, & 17, 2021 from 7:15 pm – 8:45 pm at Spenard Recreation Center. Special admission rates for people with disabilities – $3 per adult and $1 per child under 18 years old.
We will spend time on the floor becoming comfortable with the ball, learning about orientation in relation to the court, efficient movement, defensive techniques, offensive play and injury prevention techniques.
Pre-registration is required. There is no cost for the clinic. This is a three-part clinic that is progressive and progressions covered each week will build on the previous week’s skills. Please make every effort to arrive on time or early as we’ll start as soon as the court is set to maximize our precious gym time. Contact Jeff Dick with Challenge Alaska for any questions at (907) 344-7270 office or (907) 244-2269 cell Click here to pre-register (Required)
Guide dog Resources
Free White Canes
Parents of Blind Children
Free Slate and Stylus
Scholarships and Awards
Blind Youth in Science
Deaf Blind Resources
Publications and Media
Annual Presidential Reports
Resolutions by Year
Annual Banquet Speeches